Friday, July 24, 2015

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe


Cabbage rolls are awesome, but can be time consuming to make. This dish contains all of the same ingredients, in a deconstructed manner.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small cabbage, chopped
  • 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
Directions

1. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the ground beef and onion, cooking until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is soft.
3. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until cabbage is tender.

2 comments:

  1. This look and sounds yummy. I think this is the only way my boyfriend will eat it, mixed all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on a special diet and if I omit the salt I can actually eat this. I am so excited. Not sure how I found this blog but will bookmark it.

    ReplyDelete